At Upton Baptist Church we aim to be a spirit-led community, working together as a united church of God’s people, reaching out to the local community and areas further afield.
- In God, as Sovereign Creator;
- In Jesus Christ as God’s perfect Son, who was both fully human and fully divine;
- That because we are all sinful, Jesus died in our place on the cross, so becoming our Saviour from sin;
- That Jesus rose again, and sent his Holy Spirit to be life and power in His people;
- That the Bible is inspired by God and is our authority for what we believe and how we live;
- In the promised return of Jesus Christ and our eternal life with him;
- The church is to be a community of believers gathered in the name of Jesus Christ for worship, witness and service;
- That everyone who belongs to our church has a role to play and can use their God-given skills and talents for the good of the church and the community. These gifts include teaching, evangelism, social action, pastoral care, prayer, healing, taking part in worship, administration or hospitality.
Our Vision is for a fellowship at UBC that is:
- A prayerful community of God’s people who desire eagerly to know more of God through His word and who continue to develop an intimate relationship with Him.
- A sensitive community of God’s people who through their individual lives and in their corporate life together, care, love and offer mutual support, so reflecting the values of the Kingdom and the transforming work of God.
- A discerning community of God’s people who recognise that God works in differing ways with individual people; who respect and encourage others in their journey of faith in Jesus Christ.
- An accepting community of God’s people where everyone is welcome and valued.
- A resourceful community of God’s people where all who call UBC home are able to reach their full potential and use their God given gifts.
- An inspired community of God’s people who desire and seek God, through the Holy Spirit to guide and empower them, both as individuals and as a church family.
- A world aware community of God’s people who under the leading of the Holy Spirit seek ways of fulfilling the great commandment ‘to love’ and the great commission ‘to reach out’ in the name of Jesus Christ.
- An active community of God’s people who are concerned for the welfare and stewardship of our planet, that is God’s creation, and who seek ways of being involved in the work of the Kingdom of God throughout the world.
For these ideals to be achieved we recognise:
Unless the LORD build the house, its builders labour in vain, Psalm 127:1
We are members of: